Lives are wasted, hearts are broken...
It’s been a quiet day, so far. I’m doing I.C.Os (Interim Care Orders) at work this week (as I missed them last week due to being in Soton) so I’ve been doing them. Apart from that I’ve taken some files over to Regency with John (who is very tall. I almost wish he wasn’t so nice as I feel like I shouldn’t like anyone who is so tall. Up to average height I can deal with- anything above that…. EEK!!) and I’ve started some college work, mainly just writing notes so I can do it properly at college tomorrow. *yawn*
Prity just got back from a meeting (of sorts) that started at 9- wow! I couldn’t imagine being in a meeting that long. I wouldn’t want too. Though it was Adoption Panel so that would be quite interesting, I’d imagine. It would put a lot of realism on things too- here everyone we deal with are just names, at the Adoption Panel there are photos of the kids. That might make it worse though, in a way. Putting a face to the name would make it hit home more, I guess. Faceless names in horrific situations might be easier to deal with than names that conjure up a picture of a once innocent child that now has to live with the fact that their childhood has been lost and possible future social skills, relationships and families broken.
Prity just got back from a meeting (of sorts) that started at 9- wow! I couldn’t imagine being in a meeting that long. I wouldn’t want too. Though it was Adoption Panel so that would be quite interesting, I’d imagine. It would put a lot of realism on things too- here everyone we deal with are just names, at the Adoption Panel there are photos of the kids. That might make it worse though, in a way. Putting a face to the name would make it hit home more, I guess. Faceless names in horrific situations might be easier to deal with than names that conjure up a picture of a once innocent child that now has to live with the fact that their childhood has been lost and possible future social skills, relationships and families broken.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home