Friday, June 03, 2005

Blast from the past.... II

And now to the looong weekend...

27th May
It was sooooooooooooooooooooooo good being in Soton again!! Stef's mum and dad (hereafter known as Lorraine and Steve) always make me feel soooooooooooo welcome!! It was really hot in both Crapville and Soton. The air conditioning on the train from Waterloo was broken in the carriage I was in too, which was fun. After we got back to Stef's we had a drink then washed Steve's car. In the evening we watched Anchorman, which was pretty funny.

28th May
Stef and I went into town today. We were meant to be meeting one of his friends but he had another commitment so it was just Stef and I. It was good fun. I could happily spend all day wandering around with Stef. In the evening we went to see Stef's sister (hereafter known as Charlotte) in a female version of The Odd Couple. It was sooo funny and she was fantastic in it- she's one of those very pretty, very talented types. Lucky for some!! I felt sorry for one of the cast though- she was awful. She kept slipping into a Lancashire accent, which didn't really work!!

29th May
We went into Whitely today- we had a hot chocolate and a piece of chocolate cake in Starbucks. The hot chocolate was foul. If I'm going to pay the earth, I at least expect something that tastes NICE!!!

30th May
Stef, Lorraine, Steve, Charlie and I went to Arrendal (sp?) today. We spent hours walking around the castle, watching hand to hand combat and jousting (though not necessarily in that order!). After that we went into a cafe and had some food (that's probably an unnecessary detail).

31st May- Stef's birthday!!!!
Stef and I went into Winchester today. I treated him to a meal in Pizza Express. Mmmmmmmmmm pizza. After that we wandered around a while before going back. I was supposed to be leaving that evening but the thought alone was so depressing I couldn't face it so we cunningly 'didn't notice the time' and missed the train. Oh dear, how disappointing.

1st June
We went into town today- I got Stef a Darth Tater Mr. Potato Head. Sooooooooooooo cool!!! And unbelievably hard to get hold of- EVERYWHERE had sold out!! Except Argos, luckily for me- may God bless Argos abundantly!

The Government are always trying to get more people to use public transport…this is an example of why people don’t:
Before we left, Stef and I checked the train times online. The train I was going to get would have got me back to Crapville at 11:45 (pm, obviously). All was fine until I got to Kings Cross. The train I was supposed to get didn’t exist. There was a WAGN train (which I always try to avoid) which left just before I got to the platform. The next train to Crapville was 23:21 which was also a WAGN or there was a GNER one at 23:30 so I had to get the 23:30 one (as the 23:21 would’ve got back to Crapville later than the 23:30 one). There are normally quite a few trains to Crapville. I got back to Crapville at about 12:30. Stoopid trains!!

Anyway, that’s pretty much up to date now….

Tired hugs

Darkest xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home