Thursday, May 26, 2005

Undeservedly so...

What do you do when someone has so much faith in you, you just know (at some point), they'll be let down?? It's not that I want too, more than anything I want to 'prove myself' but I think it's beyond my control. No matter how hard I work this freakin' course seems never ending. And he (okay, I may as well drop the anonymity, it's Stef) says he won't feel let down but... well, how I know for sure? I probably will, why wouldn't he? I love the fact that he takes an interest in what I do though- I don't think any of my other boyfriends have even had the slightest idea of what I was doing, what I am doing (most [the one's I still speak too/still speak to anyway] probably still don't). Nope, they would happily chatter away for hours about what they were doing- factory work, for instance (and trust me, a few minutes talking about problems in a factory that has something- and it's beyond me exactly what- to do with Kodak, seems like hours so actual hours... years, decades, centuries.... ) but I don't think I was ever asked what was happening with me. And I don't mean to sound selfish here but a relationship has to be two way, does it not? And part of that, for me anyway, is to take an interest in the other persons day to day life, not just the parts they've been with. It has to be a real interest too, faked just doesn't cut it (though, as hard as I tried, in terms of factory work, it was FAKED!!!). Anyway, back to the point in hand (or should that be at?)... what do I do?? I really don't want to let him down. He has taken a real interest in my life- work, college, friends etc and he has so much faith in me that I really don't think I deserve so I really don't want to let him down but I think it's going to take ages to finish the course- months, not weeks- and I don't want him to feel disappointed in me. Advice?? Btw, despite the date of this, it's actually the 27th...I'll explain about my birthday weekend and I'll do the tag (see the comment on my last entry) when I have more time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home