Friday, June 03, 2005

Blast from the past... I

Firstly, my birthday weekend....

Friday was the worst I have ever experienced...normally it's hard but this was UNBELIEVABLY hard... time was dragging soooo much...still, as always, totally worth it when I got downstairs at work and saw Stef sitting there, even if he didn't recognise me because of my new hair. Speaking of which, my hair feels so much better now it's shorter and neater. Anyway, it was soooooooooooooooooooooo good seeing Stef after what felt like the longest day EVER!!! I've never known time to drag as much as it does while I'm waiting to see Stef.
We didn't do much in the evening, just watched TV (Derren Brown- sooooo much better watching it with Stef) and DVDs snuggled up together............perfect!!

21st May
I had a driving lesson in the morning- my first in 4 weeks so I was a little worried that I'd be terrible but it went okay. I did a looooot of roundabouts and the parkway- there were road works so I spent most of it doing 40mph but as soon as I could I put my foot down!!
In the evening Stef, Tracey (sister), Duncan (Tracey's boyfriend), Biggie, Martin (brother) and I went to see Star Wars. I won’t say too much in case anyone hasn't seen it but it's a very cool film! The end of an era and I got to share the moment with Stef- YAY!!

22nd May
Stef, Martin and I had lunch at mine (well, mum, dad and mine) today. As it was my birthday the next day, this was like a pre-birthday roast. Yummy!! Mmmmmmmmmmm chicken!!
Anyway, after lunch Stef and I went for a walk- we were going to play on the swings at the park but they were all in use so we went by the river instead, which is always lovely. When we got home we played The Pea Game (proper title- Race Against Time but in our family it's always been known as The Pea Game. One of the best board games EVER!!). After that mum and dad took us back to Tracey's and we watched TV, I read a tacky magazine and later managed to scald myself with hot (HOT!) chocolate, plus throw it on Stef by accident (sowwy Stef).

23rd May- My birthday!!
We (mum, dad, Stef and I) went to Kings Lynn today. I don't remember it being so depressing before! Maybe I was just too young to notice! Anyway, the only reason we were there was for the Old Gaol House Museum which was really cool. We spent a while in there, then when we had finished we went back to the car and then on to Hunstanton. We had lunch in a nice little cafe overlooking the beach (though the tables weren't lined up with the windows so you had to lean back to look out) and then we went to The Sea Life Centre, which was really cool. I want a dog shark! And an otter. And, of course, my long term dream...a jellyfish (Stef won’t let me have one but I'm working on it...)
When we got home I opened my presents. I got....

· The Best of Bruce Dickinson from Martin
· The smaller Playmobil Pirate Ship from Tracey and Duncan
· £15 of John Lewis vouchers from Anna
· Money from Auntie Yvonne and Uncle Rog
· The Best of Van Morrison from Steve and Lorraine
· Tyranny of the Soul by Bruce Dickinson (his new album) from mum and dad
· The Simpsons Hit and Run, Ramones Anthology and.... (and this is one of the most amazing presents I have EVER got in my life....) a signed picture of Bruce (!!!!!!!!!!) (My Hero!!!!!!) from Stef- is it any surprise I love him????? (Stef, not Bruce)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home