"Always drunk, going crazy, you better believe it..."
Please, please, please will somebody explain to me exactly what is this country's obession with alcohol? It seems ever other person (with the exception of my friends and family) cant' have a good time unless significant amounts of alcohol are involved, which is, in my humble opinion, very pathetic. I really don't know why it is- to forget problems would be a usual one, I guess, but drowning a problem in beer/spirits etc doesn't solve the problem, just lets you ignore it for a while, then return to it feeling fragile or tired or.. the same as before. Either way, it does no good. I haven't been drunk for nearly 2 years and even then it wasn't a conscious effort (I just didn't realise how much I was drinking) and I have never been so drunk that I couldn't remember what I had done the day after or passed out or anything and have I only had depressing nights out since then?? No. Even on my 18th I didn't get drunk, though I did have a few drinks. I know some people will be shocked by that... in fact, they'll probably have to have a drink to recover...
I really don't see the how anyone can think it's good to spend every weekend getting drunk (even more so when it's a deliberate effort). And what exactly is the point of getting so drunk you can't even remember what happened when you wake up the next day??
I apologise if I'm sounding preachy, I just really don't understand. I just don't see the point of it. I know loads of people who are able to confirm that alcohol is not a necessity for a good night out.
Beer... the cause and solution to all life's problems!!
(Or something that- thanks Homer!)
I really don't see the how anyone can think it's good to spend every weekend getting drunk (even more so when it's a deliberate effort). And what exactly is the point of getting so drunk you can't even remember what happened when you wake up the next day??
I apologise if I'm sounding preachy, I just really don't understand. I just don't see the point of it. I know loads of people who are able to confirm that alcohol is not a necessity for a good night out.
Beer... the cause and solution to all life's problems!!
(Or something that- thanks Homer!)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home