Isn't comedy supposed to be funny?
What happened to Radio 4 having good comedy shows on at 18:30 on weekday evenings??
Let's see....
Monday is Just a Minute which is still good.
Tuesday is Bearded Ladies which is one of the most predictable, least funny comedy programmes I think I have ever heard on Radio 4. It's so rubbish, I can't quite believe it. All the good comedy talent in the world, where they did they scrape this show from?? In half an hour, no one at the table laughed once. Not even a little bit. That must be good comedy, huh?
Wednesday is The Personality Test, which is where they have a different guest presenter every week and the panel (Sue Perkins- is that her name?-, and a couple of others who I can't remember off hand. One is Lucy someone, who's entire purpose on the panel appears to be to flirt with the presenter) have to answer questions about them. For instance, the presenter gives the name of a person and then the panel have to guess whether they like or hate them. I'm going to admit that this show does have a few giggles along the way but I do think it's a pretty weak idea for a show. It would probably be better if it was presented by someone I cared about, this week for instance it was Greg Dyke. Woo-hoo.
Thursday is Political Animal, which is quite good though it would be better if it was just the comedians involved without the rubbish bits in between.
Finally, Friday is The Now Show (a satrical sketch and stand up show) which has it's moments and can be excellent at it's best.
All in all....Radio 4...where did it all go wrong?
Let's see....
Monday is Just a Minute which is still good.
Tuesday is Bearded Ladies which is one of the most predictable, least funny comedy programmes I think I have ever heard on Radio 4. It's so rubbish, I can't quite believe it. All the good comedy talent in the world, where they did they scrape this show from?? In half an hour, no one at the table laughed once. Not even a little bit. That must be good comedy, huh?
Wednesday is The Personality Test, which is where they have a different guest presenter every week and the panel (Sue Perkins- is that her name?-, and a couple of others who I can't remember off hand. One is Lucy someone, who's entire purpose on the panel appears to be to flirt with the presenter) have to answer questions about them. For instance, the presenter gives the name of a person and then the panel have to guess whether they like or hate them. I'm going to admit that this show does have a few giggles along the way but I do think it's a pretty weak idea for a show. It would probably be better if it was presented by someone I cared about, this week for instance it was Greg Dyke. Woo-hoo.
Thursday is Political Animal, which is quite good though it would be better if it was just the comedians involved without the rubbish bits in between.
Finally, Friday is The Now Show (a satrical sketch and stand up show) which has it's moments and can be excellent at it's best.
All in all....Radio 4...where did it all go wrong?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home