Never Take Friendship Personal
Wow. What an album. If you're Stef, you will have heard me saying how much I love this album. And I DO love this album. You know it's going to be a great album when you're hooked by the middle of the first song!
The first track is the title track and a great song to kick the album off with! Apparently this track is to a member of the band they had to kick out because he was in the band for totally the wrong reasons (if you're going to join a band for sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll...best not to join a Christian one, hoob!)and when he left he said "Write a song about it" or something. So they did. And what a song!
The second track, Paper-thin Hymn was written about the writer's (I'm going to assume it's Stephen Christian, though I'm not totally sure) grandma. It's a beautiful track, with some great lines. The ones I find myself singing most often are:
"Who's gonna call on Sunday morning?
Who's gonna drive you home
I just want one more chance
To put my arms in fragile hands"
This is one of my favourites on the album. The next track, Stationary Stationery is another favourite of mine on the album. My third favourite is track 8, The Feel Good Drag. I loooooooove this song. In fact, in less than a week since I first heard it (in fact, 3 days!), it is already one of my favourites songs. The rest of the album follows the high standards of the title track. Excellently written and played.
About to go into the studio again, Anberlin are a force to be reckoned with. With such great lyrics and music, and Stephen Christian's great voice making each track complete, they are definitely one of my favourite bands. And long may they remain!
Definitely 5 stars for this album!
Okay, so this wasn't a particulary great review, I will finish with 4 words though... I LOVE THESE GUYS!!!
The first track is the title track and a great song to kick the album off with! Apparently this track is to a member of the band they had to kick out because he was in the band for totally the wrong reasons (if you're going to join a band for sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll...best not to join a Christian one, hoob!)and when he left he said "Write a song about it" or something. So they did. And what a song!
The second track, Paper-thin Hymn was written about the writer's (I'm going to assume it's Stephen Christian, though I'm not totally sure) grandma. It's a beautiful track, with some great lines. The ones I find myself singing most often are:
"Who's gonna call on Sunday morning?
Who's gonna drive you home
I just want one more chance
To put my arms in fragile hands"
This is one of my favourites on the album. The next track, Stationary Stationery is another favourite of mine on the album. My third favourite is track 8, The Feel Good Drag. I loooooooove this song. In fact, in less than a week since I first heard it (in fact, 3 days!), it is already one of my favourites songs. The rest of the album follows the high standards of the title track. Excellently written and played.
About to go into the studio again, Anberlin are a force to be reckoned with. With such great lyrics and music, and Stephen Christian's great voice making each track complete, they are definitely one of my favourite bands. And long may they remain!
Definitely 5 stars for this album!
Okay, so this wasn't a particulary great review, I will finish with 4 words though... I LOVE THESE GUYS!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home