Wednesday, May 10, 2006

RIP

It was Duncan's mum's funeral yesterday.

The service was lovely, so many people came, she was a popular lady. Instead of a hearse, they had one of the carriage type things (sorry, not sure what they're called) pulled by 2 beautiful white horses. As well as the usual Jag for the members of the family, Mel's (Duncan's brother-in-law) parents (who run a wedding car company or something) lent them 2 b-e-a-utiful Rolls Royces, which looked amazing.

After the service and burial (I'm useless at funerals so I was quite proud of myself that I only cried a couple of times- once when Duncan's sister was saying a bit about her mum and then when she was buried and Duncan's dad threw a rose on the coffin and started to cry), we all went to the wake. That was good (and the food was great) and a nice end to the ceromony. The guy serving drinks was sooo embarrassed when he realised I was 19. He said to Martin/Duncan about "the little one" being allowed a glass of Lambrusco and then he asked how old I am. When I said I was 19 he kept apologising and saying how he'd stuck his foot in it! Poor guy.

I realised that even though funerals are so sad, I love the formality of them. I'm not one for being formal but what struck me is how the undertaker bows his head toward the coffin in respect after the coffin has been placed in the church. I love it. I'm a big fan of giving respect anyway, so that's probably it!

I went into Office Angels and dropped my CV when we got back into town (I did try Reed but they couldn't help as their temp work is long term)- yes, I'm reduced to this. The guy I spoke to in Office Angels was really nice though- all happy and smiley. I like that, it always impresses me (and yeah, I know it is good customer service, but I've always found Office Angels to be a bit snobby in my [admittedly few] dealings with them so that was cool. In the few minutes I was talking to him he seemed quite down to earth. And his eyes. He had really intense [that's the only way I can describe it] eyes.)

Coming soon.....Fantomas and Lee Evans reviews.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ronald said...

Howdy, Darkest! And yes, I intend to be the last one to post on your blog, lol!

18:43  
Blogger Darkest_red said...

Hey Ronald!

Good for you...oops, looks like I ruined your plan! Sorry!

13:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home