Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Sometimes the most useful things are kept hidden...

I'm going to go all geeky on you now...

It's not often that I feel the need to share computer secrets but this one is a gem! If you use the same documents a lot (as I do) or just need to make them easy to get too...the work menu is perfect!!

Click on Customize in the Tools menu (or right click on a toolbar and go to Customize from there), make sure you're on the Commands tab and click on Built in Menus in the categories section (2nd from the bottom, I believe) and then in the commands section click and drag Work (bottom option) on to the toolbar.

When you have a document you want to put on it, make sure it's saved and then (while the document is still open, click on Work and then click Save to Work Menu. Simple!!

It really is soooo useful, I use it so much!!

To delete an entry from the list, click Control, Alt and - (the minus sign!) and then click on work...when it brings up the list of files on the menu, click on the one you want to get rid of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home