Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

I am in the consuming, intense, overwhelming, inescapable grip of a chocolate craving. At this point nothing I could say or do will help ease the yearning unless it involves me eating something thickly covered in sweet, sweet, delicious chocolate. What it is, I do not care.
Now, that problem could be easily solved as, calling out my name in it's sweet, chocolatey-goodness filled voice, begging me to take a bite (to which my stomach is saying "Yes, yes, yes!"), is a nearly empty box of Quality Street from it's home on the bookcase a metre or two away from me. I am not sure how much longer I will be able to resist it's taunting cries until I have no choice but to pounce on the delightful purple box and devour the contents.
At this precise moment, only one thing is holding me back. I have succumb to their powers twice already today- it would seem they have a control over me, a control which is so hard to fight off, despite all my longing for it to be so.
I do not want to appear gluttonous to my colleagues nor do I want to deprive them of the life enhancing confectionary within the beautful box that looks like an explosion at a Ribenaberry convention. Surely that would go against the Human Rights Act? (Depriving people of chocolate, not exploding a Ribenaberry convention. Though that may do. Though they're not humans. Maybe there's a Ribenaberry Rights Act. I may look into it, they deserve rights too. I may be a crusader for the cause.)
anyway, predictably, this craving will not cease and as such it is important I give into the craving before it drags me into the pool of insanity which is guarenteed to drown me if I do not embrace the chocolate that is my lifeguard. As I do not want other people to know, this is going to have to be a somewhat undercover operation. This is going to take all of my James Bond-esque undercover skills plus some military ones I'll have to pick up as I go along. In the office environment, however, certain aspects are inadvisable. A commando crawl to reduce my visibility, for instance, would not be suitable (and I'm not sure if the office carpet gets cleaned enough for me to want to risk it). Hmmm... this is going to take some thinking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home