Two sides to every story
I've been thinking a lot lately about how there are always two sides to every story (yeah, weirdly random I know) and how most of the time we only see one side. For instance...(names shortened to protect the innocent and not so innocent)...S was with M when M moaned at his mum. Later S told his mum who said she wouldn't let her son talk to her like that. What S failed to mention was that M suffers from depression on and off and mood swings are a part of that which can't really be helped. And of course J wasn't happy with S for mentioning it anyway.
Without the missed out piece of information, M seems like a nasty guy. With it, you realise that it's actually part of an illness.
Okay, that may not have proven my point very well. another example would be Eminem. I'm not excusing his music, but very few people think that there must be a reason he is how he is. for instance, when he was a kid he was bullied. A lot. One time to the extent that he was in a coma for several days. Again, I'm not excusing his music but...well...being bullied can really mess with a person.
I still don't think I'm proving my point very well so I'll end now but well...just think about the fact that there is always two sides to every story.
Without the missed out piece of information, M seems like a nasty guy. With it, you realise that it's actually part of an illness.
Okay, that may not have proven my point very well. another example would be Eminem. I'm not excusing his music, but very few people think that there must be a reason he is how he is. for instance, when he was a kid he was bullied. A lot. One time to the extent that he was in a coma for several days. Again, I'm not excusing his music but...well...being bullied can really mess with a person.
I still don't think I'm proving my point very well so I'll end now but well...just think about the fact that there is always two sides to every story.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home