Friday, August 19, 2005

"Just use me up and then you walk away, why do you play me that way?"

I was speaking to Kathy yesterday and it doesn't look like they're keeping me on. As my position is a trainee position and as I'll be trained, they'll want to bring in someone else they can pay peanuts.... I mean, a trainee, so I'll be out of a job.

As previously said, I didn't particularly enjoy working here and I didn't really want to stay but I did need the money. If I had money saved (and if I didn't need to pay for driving lessons, or if they weren't so expensive) I wouldn't mind, in fact, I'd enjoy the break, but I've been financially struggling for months (driving lessons, phonebill, overworked and underpaid!) and it can only get worse when I'm down to my last pay slip. And then there's the fact I wasn't told until a week and a bit (I think) before my contract ends. My final words on the matter (for now anyway) have no choice but to be:

Bring on the job hunt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home