Tuesday, August 09, 2005

"I rest my case. You're an idiot."

I spent a lot of Saturday and Sunday tidying my room and whenever I got to my PRC stuff (make up etc) my first thought was that they could be thrown away as I wouldn't be needing them (apart from a few bits and bobs- disposable mascara wands, brushes, hair clips/brushes/combs etc) and I was just about to do it and then... I just couldn't. I know this is really stupid, there's no point keeping things I'm never going to use, they're just collecting dust (and a lot of it! There were mountains of dust! Okay, maybe molehills.) and they're taking up space that could be used by something else (or more dust). Somehow though, I just couldn't bring myself to throw them away. I think I have a hoarder gene (inherited from dad) but normally (and the weekend being no exception) I'm very strict with myself and just throw stuff out when I know I'm not going to use it (sometimes it has to be a concentrated effort!) but I just couldn't throw it out. I don't know why. The only reason I could think of was that the course I was on was the only course I've done that I've actually wanted to do. And I loved doing it.

"You know it's hard, to leave your past behind..." (Less than Jake- sorry, can't remember which song off hand)

I'm going to keep trying though. I know there is no point keeping it and I'm being more than a little pathetic in doing so.

"You know it's hard to leave your past behind... as I pass the crummy bars and beat up cars...nothing will change my mind, there's no turning back this time..."

It'll be like that, I'm sure. (Metaphorically speaking, of course. Though when I finally leave Crapville-if I ever make it out alive- it will be literally like that!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home