Not sure what to call this post
So…it’s happened. London Underground stations (and a bus) has been bombed. It’s a terrifying thought. The thing is, as Lionel pointed out, everyone on the Underground is always so busy watching what they’re doing that no one would notice if anyone left a bag or anything (I never notice if people have bags or anything unless they’re huge) plus the Underground is so enclosed that it would amplify any explosion. It was only ever a matter of time. Everyone was expecting something (though what with the lack of anything I think people may have relaxed a bit) but that doesn’t make it any easier. Everyone in the secretarial office knew at least one person that works/lives in London so there were lots of calls being made. Our head of department, Michelle, was in Kings Cross at the time of one of the explosions (I think that’s what was said) so everyone was worried for her, luckily she was okay, just very shaken (not surprisingly) and one of the lawyers, Bev, was missing- we didn’t know where she was, her daughter didn’t know where she was and no one had heard anything from her or could get hold of her. Luckily she too was okay, she ended up walking home (which took 3 hours) and phoned us from there.
I really don’t understand how anyone can do that. I don’t understand how anyone can be so heartless and so…so evil to think its fine to kill/injure innocent people. Their mentality is… beyond me. How can anyone do that? How can anyone think its okay to do that? It scares me that there are people out there who are so evil that they don’t see anything wrong with putting a bomb somewhere and deliberately setting out to kill people.
I actually feel quite shaken up by this. I guess it’s because it’s so close to home. Then there’s the fact we’re meant to be going to London to see Queen tomorrow.
If I was God (now there’s a scary thought!) I would have got to the point where I’d send a huge lightening bolt (I’d be a clichéd God) to get everyone’s attention, then I’d say “This all stops right NOW.”
I can understand how people can lose their faith in these situations but I trust God. He knows what He’s doing. It may not make sense to us but He knows what He is doing. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by today’s events, I do not know exactly how you feel but I can kinda imagine how I would feel. May God comfort you at this time.
I reflect on a world full of pathetic, evil people who have no consideration or compassion, no sense of what is right and a HELL of a lot to answer for on Judgement Day, and I feel… saddened doesn’t do it justice. Sometimes I hate this world. Sometimes it just terrifies me.
I really don’t understand how anyone can do that. I don’t understand how anyone can be so heartless and so…so evil to think its fine to kill/injure innocent people. Their mentality is… beyond me. How can anyone do that? How can anyone think its okay to do that? It scares me that there are people out there who are so evil that they don’t see anything wrong with putting a bomb somewhere and deliberately setting out to kill people.
I actually feel quite shaken up by this. I guess it’s because it’s so close to home. Then there’s the fact we’re meant to be going to London to see Queen tomorrow.
If I was God (now there’s a scary thought!) I would have got to the point where I’d send a huge lightening bolt (I’d be a clichéd God) to get everyone’s attention, then I’d say “This all stops right NOW.”
I can understand how people can lose their faith in these situations but I trust God. He knows what He’s doing. It may not make sense to us but He knows what He is doing. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by today’s events, I do not know exactly how you feel but I can kinda imagine how I would feel. May God comfort you at this time.
I reflect on a world full of pathetic, evil people who have no consideration or compassion, no sense of what is right and a HELL of a lot to answer for on Judgement Day, and I feel… saddened doesn’t do it justice. Sometimes I hate this world. Sometimes it just terrifies me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home