Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Seth Lakeman: *dreamy sigh*

I love this guy!

I saw him live last night. Oh...my....goodness!!!

Stef and I spent the day in Cambridge so first I will say about that.

When we got off the train we (when we had recovered from the shock of seeing so many bikes in one place!) firstly went to find Pizza Hut(as any self respecting person would do) before going to find The Junction.
When we'd found The Junction we saw there was a Pizza Hut right near it (as opposed to the one 20 minutes away we'd found earlier)so we decided we'd go back there later for a late lunch/early tea (or dinner. Whatever you want to call it).

We went back to the centre of town and found the Sedgewick Museum of Earth Sciences (not by coincidence you understand, we'd planned to go there). We had a look around there which was really cool, very interesting. Some amazing skeletons in there!

After that we went back to Pizza Hut (we were both sooo hungry by this point!) and had a lovely meal there. Congratulations go to Holly [our waitress] for being extremely happy and for good service! We spent a few hours in there eating, drinking (nothing stronger than Coke-as in the drink- though!) and talking/having fun.

And then....on to The Junction. We waited inside what we thought was the right building- it was only by coincidence that we heard the receptionist telling another couple that it was the building next door that Seth would be in.
Anyway, we waited for the doors to open (they opened later than they should have done. Tut tut tut.) and then eventually we were let in.
We got a spot right at the front and Stef went to look at the merchandise table. He came back and I went to buy a t shirt (which I loooove!).

Eventually the support guy came on (there were some really annoying girls at the front who kept cheering every time the sound guys came on but didn't bother cheering him which wasn't very nice, I thought), Carus. He's a talented guy, good voice, good guitarist and good harmonica player (what's a harmonica player called? A harmonicist?) but he was a bit boring and some of his lyrics were...well...not all that good. In my opinion, anyway. The second to last song he played was cool though, I really liked it. Not that I know what it's called.
Anyway, after he'd finished (he was also nuts btw!), there was a long wait and then eventually Seth came on.

Oh...my...goodness! He was absolutely amazing. He is soooo talented. He sounds absolutely incredible live and his violin playing is...wow!!
He also has a great smile! I know someone (not mentioning names) thinks he's weird looking but I do not!
Cormac (drummer) also has a great smile and it was sooo infectious. I'd love to have him with me when I'm not feeling too great, he'd cheer me up for sure!
It was soooo good to hear him live. The Colliers (my favourite track on Freedom Fields) was absolutely amazing, as was How Much (another of my favourites, though not from Freedom Fields). Lady of the Sea, The White Hare, Joseph Wright were all fantastically performed too. Send Yourself Away was absolutely stunning. Wow. His solos were amazing and the last encore, Seth, Sean (guitarist, and his brother) and Cormac was sooo great!

There was only one thing wrong with the gig...it was NO where near long enough! I could've happily spent another 24 hours (if not more) watching him. It went soooo quickly!

I REALLY want to see him again. I'm totally in love with Seth! *giggle* And...erm...probably slightly obsessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home